We are recruiting for a dynamic and talented coffee professional who can support our existing high-quality wholesale accounts and help new accounts maximise their potential. The key focus of this role is to provide expert support to customers in order to drive growth, improve retention and encourage advocacy. Training is at the heart of this, and we’re looking for someone with world class barista skills and a flare for educating others so that we can drive quality and develop our customers’ coffee skills.
• Owning and managing multiple high-quality wholesale accounts.
• Nurturing and developing relationships with existing customers to drive growth, retention and advocacy.
• Delivering exceptional training to customers, from barista skills to coffee knowledge, market insight, bar design, workflow etc.
• Providing first class service across all touch points.
• Identifying and converting new business opportunities.
• Working with new accounts to take them from concept to opening. This can include coffee selection, helping them choose the right equipment, menu design, barista training, and general expert knowledge.
• Running and attending events such as barista skills workshops, tasting events, latte art throwdowns and roastery tours.
• Being a Roastworks brand ambassador and positively contributing to the team.
• You will have a natural ability to lead, influence and make interpersonal connections quickly.
• You will have previously worked in a sales or account management role in the food service sector.
• You will have worked as a barista in speciality coffee for at least 2 years and you will have exceptional, world-class barista skills.
• You will be familiar with working to KPI’s or objectives.
• You will have a good technical understanding of coffee equipment and be able to troubleshoot basic problems and perform essential maintenance.
• You will be commercially minded, with an ability to identify a customer’s needs and spot opportunities.
• You will have experience of self-led work with a natural ability to manage and prioritise your own workload.
Roastworks is an independent coffee roastery based in Devon focussed on making speciality coffee more accessible. Were a small team of good people, trying to do the right thing - roasting the most characterful, sustainable, and delicious coffees on badass vintage roasting machines. We want to show people that speciality coffee is the answer to many of the problems facing the coffee industry and we want to get more people drinking it. Now in our seventh year we have some exciting plans for growth and we’re looking for talented and righteous people to join us.
This is a full-time role.
Salary: £28,000-£30,000 per annum depending on skills and experience, plus performance related bonus.
Currently all our wholesale customers are in Devon, so we’re looking for someone who can cover this area. This is a field-based role, but we expect regular contact with the roastery in Willand, Devon.