VACANCY: PRODUCTION MANAGER
We are looking for an experienced food manufacturing professional to join our team as a Production Manager.
This person will manage the team and day to day operations of a busy packing department and oversee all logistics, stock control and despatch. This includes working closely with several other departments – online, wholesale, roasting and retail – to ensure orders and stock requirements are met.
The ability to meet tight deadlines, plan ahead and multi-task are essential, as well as maintaining an excellent standard of customer service and team leadership. Our successful candidate will have experience with the following.
- Medium to large scale food manufacturing experience, including familiarity with equipment (eg pack and weigh machines, packing lines, forklifts, etc).
- Stock ordering and control; stock and packaging.
- Order processing systems.
- Happy to do physical work; this is a production-area based role and will include pitching in when needed.
- People management: our packing team is 20 people and growing; managing rotas, holidays, reviews, etc.
- Creating and documenting procedures and training others to use them.
- Health & safety, food hygiene, organic standards.
- Oversee the day to day running of the production arch.
- Manage the schedule of production team (rotas, holiday, shifts etc)
- Maintain the site to an exceptionally high standard of cleanliness and organisation in accordance with health & safety, food hygiene and organic certification requirements.
- Organise and liaise with contractors for servicing and maintenance of packing equipment.
- Oversee all stock management and warehousing making sure an adequate stock inventory is maintained on roasted coffee and non-coffee stock. Ideally with experience using a stock system to do this.
- Manage busy despatch team with a focus on teamwork, accuracy and customer service.
- Clear communicator.
- Experience developing, motivating, training and managing a team.
- Experience in a physical job; working in a warehouse-type space, comfortable around large machinery.
- Solid computer skills and interested in technology solutions.
- Mechanically competent.
- Able to envision and develop systems and procedures.
- Team player who can collaborate with other teams within the business as well as outside suppliers and customers.
- Enjoy taking initiative to make things happen and see them through.
- Continually seeking to improve; solution orientated.
- Based in our Bermondsey roastery/office (remote working is not possible in this role).
- Full time and able to work some weekends; our despatch team works Monday to Sunday and regular weekend management will be needed.
- Contactable out of hours for emergency / urgent situations relating to the production site.
- Salary is dependent on experience.
- Ideal start date is February 2021.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 10 January 2021. Interviews will be held in late January.