HOME MARKETING MANAGER Job Description | March 2019
IKAWA IKAWA is a fast-growing start-up based in east London. We design and manufacture transformational, innovative systems to improve the quality and appreciation of coffee and have customers in over 70 countries worldwide.
We have products for the coffee industry and a consumer product too. The award winning IKAWA Sample Roaster is used by coffee professionals to advance coffee quality by helping them improve their evaluation of green coffees. It has already been disruptive in this sector and is now being used by industry leaders to enter and win global coffee competitions.
We have also launched our first product in the IKAWA At Home range – our Smart Home Coffee Roaster System. This simple and accessible approach includes a coffee roaster, selection of green coffees, roast recipes and the IKAWA Home app. It is designed to bring coffee to life for coffee connoisseurs and enthusiasts. We’re excited about the opportunities to expand in this sector.
Join us and help deliver this potential.
Our head office is in London Fields, East London. We have a sales office in Los Angeles and distributors worldwide.
The Role We are looking for an articulate, ambitious, strategically minded marketing professional with strong track record of delivery, to join the team to be the first person in the marketing team to be 100% focused on the IKAWA At Home side of the business.
With the support of Head of Marketing, Marketing Team, and other colleagues and agencies, you will be responsible for bringing the IKAWA At Home to life to prospective customers, and providing real value to existing customers helping them enjoy roasting coffee at home.
The role will develop as we learn and grow, but the core elements of the role we’re recurring for are as follows:
• Coffee Education – creating rich content to bring home roasting to life for our target audience. This can take many forms including blogs, video and more creative formats.
• Resources designed to help customers use the IKAWA At Home system, including the roaster and app.
• Create and deliver strategy to optimise appropriate social media channels through organic content and authentic engagement.
• This will include Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, but also opportunity to consider YouTube, Reddit or other appropriate platforms.
• You will manage the output of content and day to day engagements.
• Responsibility for strategy and day to day engagements around IKAWA’s Hot Air Community. In addition to educational content, how can we create IKAWA At Home Ambassadors through the platform and add value to our customers experience and get more people get excited about home roasting?
• How should the brand engage on high coffee affinity forums.
• Use of Zendesk webchats as a tool to help better understand customers’ needs and inform wider approach.
• Grow our home email database through various campaigns.
• Creation of monthly emails to segmented database.
• Oversee design and send of emails with support from in-house or external Graphic Designer, and Digital Performance Manager.
• Analysis to guide improvements around subject, content, CTAs, promotions, engagement on the website.
• Ensure IKAWA’s range of green coffees refreshed frequently, and selecting coffee that will delight our customers.
• Creation of tailored roast recipes for new coffees along with tasting notes and telling the story behind them.
• Manage updates to packaging, app and website as required with the release of each new coffee.
Partnerships and Influencers
• Informed by our learnings to date, and business development strategy, create plan to grow awareness to target customers through brand partnerships and influencers.
• Design, pitch and deliver mutually beneficial brand partnership plans.
• Outreach, sell-in, onboarding and relationship management for influencers, such as YouTube, bloggers.
• Evaluation of impact, and analysis of learnings to feed into future campaigns.
Team & Events
• Taking lead role in organising and representing IKAWA at consumer oriented events. These will range from small select events at the IKAWA HQ, participation at consumer events like London Coffee Festival, potentially Industry Events, and support with In-Store Retail Launches in the UK and worldwide.
• Flexible about managing and supporting new projects and campaigns as plans evolve.
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
• Use of Social Media for business with focus on excellent organic content.
• Experience copywriting and creating great content for a specific audience.
• Coffee – must have strong level of coffee knowledge, spanning roasting and brewing, or demonstrate ability to really engage and educate customers at this level with the support of outsourced expertise.
• Flexible approach and ability to adapt to fast pace of change.
• Super productive and able to execute smaller tasks efficiently, while maintaining a strategic approach to big picture.
• Results driven and solution oriented.
• Confident, personable and a team player – but also able to work effectively on solo projects.
• Community management experience.
• Comfortable using Wordpress or comparable website platforms.
• Comfortable with high amounts of responsibility and initiative.
• Degree in marketing or appropriate professional qualification.
• Skilled at photography, video and / or basics of Adobe CS.
Our office and workshop is located at: IKAWA Ltd, Unit 9, Bayford Street Business Centre, Bayford Street, London, E8 3SE
Contract Full time (Monday – Friday). Start May 2019, notice periods considered.
Competitive salary based on experience. Company benefits including MacBook, Home Roaster, team incentives and activities, perks, occasional travel, L&D opportunities, 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, access to company pension scheme, ride to work scheme.
Application Please send a CV, a cover letter, maximum one side, including the thing that excites you most about this role, and setting out how your experience meets the job description to email@example.com.
Please contact Matyas Tamasi, HR Manager with any queries on +44(0)7397512324.
9-week FREE barista training, SCA accreditation, part-time work placement and support getting a job.
You can apply if you are:
• Over 18
• Not in training
• Not in eductation
• Have the right to work in the UK
• Actively looking for work