Established in 2011 as a coffee roasting business with the primary focus on the organic segment of the speciality coffee market, Beanberry Coffee Company is a fast-growing speciality coffee roaster/retailer dedicated to developing and delivering the highest quality coffee products and customer experiences.
Situated right beside the landmark Bentalls department store, our Kingston retail location is a cornerstone of the neighbourhood. Opened in the summer of 2016 as our first Beanberry coffee bar, it is always bustling with regulars and shoppers alike. In addition to a full espresso bar, serving four different espressos in a variety of beverages, and a drip bar, serving a range of seasonal single origin filter coffees, we offer our coffee knowledge and sell freshly roasted coffee beans that are delivered to the shop weekly from our roasting operations in Woking, Surrey. We also offer a very carefully curated menu of cakes, pastries, sandwiches and organic teas.
We are looking for an enthusiastic manager and assistant manager who are motivated and focused coffee professionals.
● Are passionate about speciality coffee, our brand and its impact. ● Are determined to set and maintain the highest standards of excellence in coffee and customer service. ● Are able to get the best out of people, drawing satisfaction from developing and building up your team members. ● Motivate and lead by example, ensuring a friendly and positive environment at work in which you and your team take pride in what you do. ● Have a proactive approach, looking ahead, identifying improvements or problems and finding solutions. ● Are kind and respectful.
● Oversight of all aspects of the coffee shop operation. ● Ensuring the highest standards in preparation of coffee and other products that are delivered to the highest standard of customer service. ● Leading and training junior team members with primary focus on coffee excellence. ● Ensuring compliance with food safety regulations and adherence to the highest hygiene standards. ● Maintaining and promoting health and safety. ● Identifying sales trends and understanding drivers. ● Monitoring and controling inventory to ensure stock levels are maintained.
● Accomplished barista with excellent coffee making skills and superior attention to detail. ● Organised and reliable. ● Experience in overseeing shop operations, budgets, KPIs, ordering and smooth daily operations. ● Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team. ● Excellent communication skills and friendly personality. ● Teamwork and ability to empower and nurture.
● 1+ years’ experience in a similar role. ● Must be available to work weekends. ● A passion and knowledge of various coffee brewing methods. ● HACCP trained (preferred).
What we offer:
● Competitive pay. ● A supportive environment in which to grow your career. ● Friendly and professional working environment. ● Team activities, including cuppings and staff nights out. ● All the coffee you can drink.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected], explaining why you think you are right for the role. Due to the number of applications received, we can only respond to successful candidates.