YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR:
North Star is a coffee company that was founded in 2013 with the sole aim of putting the humanity back into the commoditised coffee supply chain. We do so by sourcing the best coffee possible, highlighting the amazing families producing it and connecting them with the consumer.
Our business has grown organically over the years as a wholesale supplier to the hospitality industry and ultimately, as a destination site through the addition of our own coffee shop. The global pandemic has seen us transition focus to our online community through our webshop and we are now wanting to ensure we build upon and improve our customer experiences by bringing someone into our small team to help design and to implement our communications and marketing strategy.
We are a founder-led, impact-driven business with strong family values, fostering a small team of passionate and motivated individuals to deliver the best experience possible to our customers. We are eager to maintain our brand authenticity as we grow, delivering on our core principles of quality, ethics and outstanding customer service.
WHAT THE COMPANY WANTS:
We are looking for a customer-centric person who is passionate about brand and story, creating community and advocacy in every interaction. You will be a big part of a small team, responsible for defining our content strategy and working with senior stakeholders to determine messaging across product releases, brand updates and brand awareness content pieces. You will be North Star’s visual storyteller, responsible for how our customers experience our brand through externally and internally helping to drive brand awareness and sales.
You will be a mid to senior level content creator and will help lead and write all content for both B2B and B2C audiences helping to add value to and grow the North Star brand. We would hope to offer future opportunities for the right person to develop their own team in the future.
Our business is open to applications from all regardless of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where equal opportunities are accessible to all.
• Effectively communicate the ‘why’ behind North Star, working in partnership with existing team and founders to help achieve company objectives.
• Maintain and grow our online customer base, highlighting new and more diverse target markets.
• Increase our online engagement.
• Ensure consistency across all platforms (social media, email marketing, blog creation) in how we are represented.
• Build an interactive community of customers who become advocates of our brand and mission.
• Formalise and improve the customer journey and experience.
• Support the CEO in development of marketing strategy and targets.
• Create inspiring and engaging content to help tell the North Star story both online and offline.
• Manage and update the website (Wordpress) with new products and blog posts with SEO in mind.
• Create and implement social media posts for both North Star Coffee Roasters and North Star Coffee Shop including management of channels (responding to comments/dm’s and engaging with our community) – if there are questions, you have the answers and/or the initiative and resources to find the answers.
• Utilise an in depth understanding of social media analytics and tools to evaluate past campaigns and inform future social media strategy and output.
• Work with the CEO to develop and deliver the brands B2B and B2C content strategy, taking a multi-channel approach (content creation and management for email marketing, social posts).
• Conduct interviews with our partners to create features and testimonials.
• Develop processes, standards and best practice (both team and technology) for content creation, distribution, consistency and repurposing.
• Ensure all brand content is produced to the highest standard and incorporates input from key stakeholders and teams across the businesses.
• Develop creative copywriting for digital content (newsletters/blogs/social media posts) with strong attention to detail. Ensure all content produced is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice and is optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, press and print.
• Identify brand and industry gaps to create inspiring, innovate and engaging content.
• Assist with formalisation of sales support and be responsible for responding to online customer correspondence.
• Be responsible for the management of our brand externally including how it is used by wholesale partners and other collaborators.
• Identify opportunities for potential collaborations that align with overall company objectives.
• Work with team members and external agencies to execute company objectives, leading planning sessions to execute marketing plans for internal and external projects.
• Help gather, analyse and present brand, competitor insights, trends, and data.
• Contribute to other lead generation and customer-acquisition activities, such as sales enablement, media promotion, networking, trade shows, and events.
• Coordinate public relations and outreach initiatives, including press release distribution, awards, company announcements etc.
• Perform light graphic design work as needed.
The responsibilities listed above are not intended to be exhaustive – this is a new role for the Company and we are excited to trial new things and experiment!
WHAT IT TAKES:
Experience and Qualifications
• 2+ years experience in customer led marketing strategy with a strong understanding of social media management and its best practices including how to understand analytics and develop creative online campaigns.
• Proven success in a fast-paced and occasionally shifting environment working both with a team and individually.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skill demonstrating best practices in grammar and presentation ability.
• Experience and passion for creative writing.
• Skilled at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and execution in line with overall business strategies and tactics.
• Proven success in managing a blog or social media channel.
• A self-starter that truly thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written/creative writing skills and an ability to adapt the brand tone of voice to reflect audience expectations. A good storyteller.
• A passion for design.
• Ability to articulate the ‘why’ behind decisions and direction.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field.
• Someone with both excellent strategic and operational thinking.
• Competent level of experience on programmes such as Canva and Adobe Creative suite.
• An eye for photography.
• Experience in video editing.
• Previous experience with Wordpress.
• A desire to change the world for the better.
• Proactive and creative.
• An inherent want to look after people.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
• The option for remote working.
• Flexible hours.
• A lot of coffee…
• Friendly and inclusive workplace.
• Healthcare insurance.
• The potential for an Employee share scheme.
• An environment in which you are encouraged to feedback and help us do better.
• The chance to genuinely have positive impact on the lives of others.