Alpro, the European plant-based pioneer of Danone, brings health through food to as many people as possible by producing healthy, tasty plant-based food and drink in a way that respects the planet. One Planet. One Health.
Our delicious plant-based products are made from soya, almonds, hazelnuts, cashew, rice, oats or coconut.
We want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world and thanks to our efforts to combine social and environmental goals with financial success, Alpro is B Corp certified.
Join our vibrant team and feel the Alpro vibe of positivism and openness, collaboration and passion for quality.
About the role
The successful candidate will be a part of the Alpro Out of Home Team that covers both the Coffee and Foodservice sectors and will be responsible for the following duties:
• Supporting the Sales team in Customer meetings where product and technical knowledge is required. You will build strong customer relationships, discuss the customer’s requirements, understand their needs and respond to their reactions on all aspects of the product
• Providing Product and ‘Menu’ development support with toolkits/manuals involving recipe and concept ideas. You will prepare proposals to support with marketing campaigns and promotional activities and undertake market research.
• Attending the relevant Industry conferences and keeping up to date with products and competitors in the market and providing best in class sampling and product demonstration
• Creating a Barista network relevant to the Alpro business in order to inspire the coffee professionals on Plant Based drinks
• Continuous ‘training’ and inspiration for the Commercial team on the latest trends from the industry, using the relevant internal meetings and forums. You’ll also be training customer sales teams.
• Driving the UK & Ireland agenda with Divisional colleagues in order to keep our focus on growth and development. You will liaise with senior stakeholders to determine the optimum range of products and contribute to the development of marketing and sales strategies and the setting of sales targets
• Being the local Coffee ambassador inspiring colleagues by bringing your knowledge and skills to life on the regular occasions the team is together
• With a growth mindset, confident, collaborative & pioneering attitude, you’ll create strong business relationships with our customers and colleagues.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
• Professional Barista training including a current and active Arabica Q Grader certification from the Coffee Quality Institute
• A relevant and complete SCA Professional qualification
• Product and technical knowledge of basic machinery maintenance
• Relevant UK Industry experience in a national coffee chain, specialty, independent coffee shop, where you have worked in a customer facing commercial environment
• A passion to share your vocation with like minded people
• Ability to demonstrate clarity of thinking and professionalism in all aspects of communication and presentation to a broad range of stakeholders at all levels of the business,
• Previous experience of sharing knowledge through training, briefing, project team interaction in an engaging and professional way
• A proven track record of working within and contributing to a team that is tasked with challenging targets
• A proven track record of building relationships with key stakeholders and working with them to deliver common goals and objective
• A can do attitude that means you are curious to look for new business opportunities and are not phased by the challenges you may face
• High level of fluency in both written and verbal English
This position is in a highly visible team within Alpro; you will interact with stakeholders in local Sales, Category, Marketing and Commercial Operations functions. Based on your location, the role will involve some overnight travel to our Head Office in Birmingham and to customer meetings. It will also involve occasional travel to Europe in order to attend coffee related events.
Due to the nature of the role, frequent off-site work will be required and whilst the successful candidate will be based in our offices in Birmingham, our Coffee Expert role can be carried out from your home and requires meeting our clients, mostly London-based, in person on a regular basis.
By joining us you will become part of one of the leading and most innovative food companies in the world.
We believe that everyone has talent, something which comes natural to you. Your uniqueness is something which brings both excellence as well as energizes you.
The role attracts a salary benefits package including car/car allowance,quarterly bonus, company pension, private medical cover, 33 days annual leave (inc Bank Holidays) Annual salary is based on a 37.5 hour working week.
Deadline for Applications 14th August 2020