We are looking for a cheerful, professional and motivated person to join us a Wholesale Assistant. This full-time position will be based in our main office/roastery as part of the wholesale team, which is responsible for looking after our wholesale, mail order and online shop customers as well as a lot of day to day office administration.
The successful individual will be passionate about coffee and dedicated to providing exemplary customer service. We are looking for a team player with exceptional communication skills, who is self-motivated and willing to pitch in wherever necessary. Experience in coffee not required, though a genuine interest is essential.
- Answering the main phone number – taking orders and assisting with enquiries.
- Managing the company’s general email inbox and handling as appropriate.
- Processing wholesale and mail order orders and invoices.
- Managing a list of wholesale customers and being their go-to person for general queries and orders.
- Help to manage roasted coffee stock; collate requirements and place daily orders with our roasting department; take responsibility for ensuring adequate stock levels while being mindful of roast dates.
- Liaising with our shops to coordinate coffee and non-coffee stock movement.
- Liaising with drivers and couriers to ensure orders are delivered; when mishaps occur, following up with customers and delivery companies to ensure everyone gets their coffee as soon as possible in the best way possible.
- General office administrative assistance.
- Scope to learn how to deputise for the online shop coordinator team when needed.
Required Skills and Qualities:
- Previous experience within an office, specifically with responsibilities for customer service.
- Excellent telephone manner; happy to pick up a main phone line and help whomever is ringing.
- Numerate; able to use previous usage data to plan for future stock needs. Experience of stock management would be beneficial.
- Proficient writing skills; professional writing style and impeccable grammar for letters, emails, company documents.
- Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with computer-based accounting system (Sage 200) would be beneficial.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Desire to learn more about coffee.
- Willingness to learn and help out the team where necessary.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- Full-time (5 days/week), typically Monday to Friday, but may include an occasional Saturday. Will require flexibility and extra shifts each December and around bank holidays.
- Immediate start preferred.
- Based in our Bermondsey office (SE16 4RA)
- Starting salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a covering letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line by 31 March. We will only consider those applications that include both a tailored covering letter and a current CV. We regret that we are only able to reply to short-listed candidates.