This role will be responsible for training and development and account management within Origin’s wholesale business. The focus will be managing high-quality wholesale accounts; with an emphasis on independents and multi-sites including independent café’s, hotels, restaurants, and high-end retail. Account retention and sales is key, and time spent supporting our existing customer base, including barista training, development, and quality control checks to ensure we are always driving quality and consistency with each partner. You will be demonstrating your natural ability to support growth through organic business by hard work, passion, and determination.
You will apply your strong coffee background for both product and equipment, with the ability to host tastings, cuppings, education events and internal competitions for existing customers. You will be expected to take your customers on a journey from mobilization plans, on-boarding support, bespoke training plans to an implementation, including coffee choices, equipment suggestions, bar design, workflow, and ongoing training development. As a key stakeholder of Origin’s wholesale team, you will advise on new projects for Origin’s coffee programme.
A key working relationship is with our in-house technical team to diagnose minor technical issues, whilst also ensuring equipment is being fully maintained. At times you will be the main point of contact and know when best to triage or take responsibility of the situation.
The role responsibilities
A customer-focused, training driven role with maintenance, and retention at the core of all activity.
- owning and managing multiple accounts of various sizes and locations
- maintaining and nurturing key client relationships driven by daily CRM led activity
- working in conjunction with the wholesale team to achieve quarterly sales targets delivering top-line commercial objectives
- applying a strong level of coffee knowledge by delivering exceptional standards of training to customers of all sizes, across a series of levels
- providing exceptional service through all key elements of relationship management; phone calls, emails, location visits, networking events and other identified opportunities
- managing and resolving customer grievances, which often occur at their most inconvenient of time
- competent with all demands of a hybrid working role, including frequent travel, attending multiple customers in specific timeframes across a broad geographical location
- accommodating last-minute change and problem-solving whilst ensuring the customers’ needs are met and prioritised
- continuously educating customers of various levels of their specialty coffee journey
- regular liaison with cross-departments including customer service, technical and wholesale to ensure your accounts continue to receive the * support they are offered at the start of their journey with Origin
- analysing personal performance and with the support of your line manager, developing own sales strategies to maximize sales
- continue to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the UK coffee market, our partners, and external stakeholders, as well as understanding our competitors, horizon news and trends
- develop new relationships including cross-selling opportunities, maximising potential, and opportunity for growth and development
- be an Origin Ambassador, led by our shared core values and behaviours
To be successful in this role, these are the things that matter the most:
- demonstrable experience of working in specialty coffee with a natural talent for creating connections in our industry
- commercial acumen with a natural ability to identify client needs and prioritise accordingly, without compromising on quality
- a natural flare for being the one that leads the conversation; with solid interpersonal skills, including the ability to coordinate and influence * * a wide range of cross-department stakeholders, built on a solid foundation of trust and reassurance Origin can deliver
Skills and experience:
- educated to degree level in the hospitality or business sector, or equivalent level of relevant experience
- demonstrable sales experience within the hospitality industry with a reputable business
- demonstrable experience of delivering against kpi’s and targets
- demonstrable experience of self-led initiatives with a natural ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- strong communication skills in a variety of situations and disciplines including in person, by phone, email networking, training, and
- experience in presenting to people and audiences or similar style social events
- demonstrable experience of working independently and as part of a team led by core values and striving towards business objectives
- experience of working for a B-Corp accredited organisation or similar working space, whose core focus is addressing our current climate crisis and being part of the change
- good working knowledge of all MO365 packages and digital systems, including CRM and stock inventory systems
- full UK clean driving license
Essential behavioural competencies:
- passion to pursue a successful career in specialty coffee through management and retention of key accounts
- self-motivated with an aptitude to drive your own activity to deliver results
- excellent verbal and communication skills including the ability to handle a broad customer base, whilst presenting an energetic, proactive, and supportive mindset
- a drive to continuously move the goal posts, striving for new business in a way that keeps you wanting more
- confidence in your own ability to adapt and navigate your way through an industry in an evolving landscape
- comfortable with the idea of travel throughout a working week
- ready to be on-call during out of hours responding to urgent customer requirements
At Origin Coffee, we value diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and are committed to having a team with a diverse set of skills, experiences, and abilities.
IMPORTANT Please apply here
FOR MORE INFORMATION about Origin Coffee including our enhanced benefits, please visit our careers page.
- Initial phone screening call (30 mins)
- Capabilities and culture-fit interview onsite or remote depending on location and availability (1-1.5 hours)
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best, please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.