River Coffee Overview
Founded in 2018, River Coffee delivers a global collaboration of expressive flavour; a sustainable journey from bean to cup with scientific care. Over the past 3 years we have built an incredible network of coffee producing partners across the world, as well as wholesale partners throughout the UK. The last year has seen fantastic organic growth of our company which has lead to an expansion into a new production space and larger capacity of production equipment.
Based in Alresford, Hampshire we are looking for a new team member to join our team to assist with coffee packaging, order fulfilment, coffee roasting and general roastery operational tasks. This role would suit an individual who would like to start a career within the speciality coffee industry. We are looking for a 2 minimum year commitment. Please note that experience working with coffee is essential. You must be positive, motivated and be willing to work hard. In return we will offer the opportunity to learn and progress within our company. Please find further information about this exciting opportunity below:
Job Role Information
- Assist in stock management of green coffee. Including receiving, organisation, and tracking on a weekly basis.
- Assist in roastery equipment maintenance and general cleaning.
- Assist our head roaster with coffee roasting including forecasting.
- Use logistic software to log orders and create shipments.
- Organise and maintain a clean safe workspace.
- Assist in packing coffee by hand and with semi-automated equipment.
- Be a part of weekly coffee cuppings and discuss roast profiles with the roasting team as part of our quality control measures.
- Support with coffee sales by organising samples and attending tastings.
- Use logistic software to log wholesale orders and create shipments.
- Working hours: Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5pm.
- Location of work: River Coffee Roasters - SO24 9SF (you must be able to travel to this location).
Skills, Qualities and Experience
- Must have a strong understanding of coffee basics but more importantly, a desire to learn and grow within the River Coffee team.
- One years of experience working in the coffee industry is essential.
- You will be a team player and be able to follow instructions.
- A love of coffee and its culture is essential.
- An interest in fresh produce and flavour development.
- The ability to think on your feet and add to a team environment.
- Positive, direct, and action-oriented communication skills with the ability to take direction.
- Work well in a team and also be independent and self-motivated.
- Enthusiasm to learn – Focused on coffee trends and self-development.
- A UK driving license.
Perks and Benefits for Working With Us
- Personal coffee development path. We’ll support you with your coffee career through an accredited SCA track programme.
- Continual tasting of fresh new coffees and access to further reading material.
- Access to company vehicles and laptops.
- A competitive rate of pay with weekends off.
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Weekends Off.
If you are interested in this position as Roastery Assistant please send a CV with a small cover letter to [email protected] The closing date for applications is Thursday 21st July 2022.