We are looking for an experienced food manufacturing professional to join our team as a Production Manager.
This person will manage the team and day to day operations of a busy packing department and oversee all logistics, stock control and despatch. This includes working closely with several other departments – online, wholesale, roasting and retail – to ensure orders and stock requirements are met.
The ability to meet deadlines, plan ahead and multi-task are essential, as well as maintaining an excellent standard of customer service and team leadership.
Our successful candidate will have experience with the following:
• Medium or large-scale food manufacturing experience, including familiarity with equipment.
• Stock ordering and control, including packaging.
• Order processing systems.
• Happy to do physical work; this is a production-area based role and will include pitching in when needed.
• People management: our packing team is 20 people and growing; managing rotas, holidays, reviews, etc.
• Creating and documenting procedures and training others to use them.
• Health & safety, food hygiene, organic standards.
• Oversee the day to day running of the production arch.
• Manage busy despatch team with a focus on teamwork, accuracy and customer service.
• Manage the schedule of team (rotas, holiday, shifts etc). • Maintain the site to an exceptionally high standard of cleanliness and organisation in accordance with health & safety, food hygiene and organic certification requirements.
• Organise and liaise with contractors for servicing and maintenance of packing equipment.
• Oversee all stock management and warehousing making sure an adequate stock inventory is maintained on roasted coffee and non-coffee stock. Ideally with experience using a stock system to do this.
• Clear communicator.
• Experience developing, motivating, training and managing a team.
• Experience in a physical job; working in a warehouse-type space, comfortable around large machinery.
• Solid computer skills and interested in technology solutions.
• Mechanically competent.
• Able to envision and develop systems and procedures.
• Team player who can collaborate with other teams within the business as well as outside suppliers and customers.
• Enjoy taking initiative to make things happen and see them through.
• Continually seeking to improve; solution orientated.
• Based in our Bermondsey roastery/office (remote working is not possible in this role).
• Full time and able to work some weekends; our despatch team works Monday to Sunday and regular weekend management will be needed.
• Contactable out of hours for emergency / urgent situations relating to the production site.
• Salary is dependent on experience.
• Ideal start date is October/November 2022.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to [email protected]