Every cup of our speciality coffee helps build new skills and reduce prisoner reoffending.
At our roastery in HMP The Mount, we train offenders in coffee industry skills with the aim of reducing reoffending in the UK. We also run barista training academies across 9 different prisons within the UK.
Upon release, we help our graduates to find work, either in our own coffee shops, or within our network.
From bean to cup we are committed to being socially responsible. We build long-term relationships with producers and supply chain partners whose quality, provenance, sustainability and ethics match our values. The result is a finely crafted cup of coffee which raises the bar for everyone.
We roast for over 150 wholesale clients and operate seven coffee shops in Central London.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable individual to join our Roastery Team in a dual role as Production Assistant and Delivery Driver. The successful candidate will be based at our roastery in HMP The Mount, Hemel Hempstead, and will report to the Head Roaster.
Please apply for this role via our application form found here - do not apply through Coffee Jobs Board or your application will not be considered.
The role involves:
- Picking and packing orders for dispatch across multiple sales channels
- Adhering to production schedules
- Leading resident production assistants and supporting with their training
- Assisting with regular stock checks
- Loading delivery vans for dispatch and planning dispatch routes
- Delivering packages by van to select customers on a weekly basis
- Roasting support
- Performing maintenance on roastery equipment
The role requires:
- A valid and clean UK driving licence
- Experience working in a warehouse or food production environment
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Delivery driving experience
- Innovation and efficiency in performing operational tasks
- A diligent, methodical work ethic
- A passion for working with offenders to create better opportunities for them
- The proven ability to remain calm under pressure and in stressful environments
- Maturity, empathy and assertiveness
- A passion for specialty coffee
- That they live locally to Hemel Hempstead / Bovingdon
Redemption Roasters is an international and multicultural business with customers, suppliers, and employees from across the globe. Fostering diversity in the workplace is both right and good for business. Gender, belief, ethnicity, origins, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, age or history of incarceration doesn’t matter. If you perform, you’ll fit in, whoever you are. We welcome applications from people with backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in the speciality coffee industry.