We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Office Manager to join our growing team at Square Mile Coffee Roastery in Blackhorse Lane, London.
As Office Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running of all aspects of the office while ensuring that the business and our team are well-supported at all times. This critical role offers an opportunity to grow with the company and take ownership of the day-to-day management of the roastery office. As someone who is well-organised and a self-starter, you will also have had previous experience working in a similar role within a small but dynamic workplace.
Square Mile Coffee Roasters is a multi-award-winning coffee roasting company. We source seasonal coffee from around the world and roast to ship internationally through our dedicated wholesale, webshop and subscription services, all from our London-based roastery.
Your role will include (but is not limited to):
- Ensuring the day-to-day efficiency and smooth-running of the office
- General front-of-house duties: meeting and greeting guests; scheduling appointments; providing general phone cover; distributing post
- Working closely with the leadership team on the hiring process, including posting job adverts, reviewing applications, scheduling interviews, drafting offer letters and issuing employment contracts
- Overseeing onboarding, offboarding, inductions and new staff training
- Managing and maintaining our online HR platform
- Liaising with accountants on payroll and pensions
- Managing office consumables: stationery, printers, office and kitchen supplies
- Point of contact for external IT support
- Assisting with health and safety procedures and policies
- Ensuring communal spaces are kept in good order on a day-to-day basis
- Liaising with external contractors to ensure that all spaces are clean and well-maintained
- Coordinating team events
- Ad-hoc project work and wider office support when required
- Preferably 1+ years experience in a similar HR or business support role. Or can otherwise demonstrate the
transferable skills needed for this role
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Agile problem-solving and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively across all departments
- Excited to play a part in shaping the company culture at Square Mile Coffee Roasters
- Comfortable being the go-to person for our growing team! Whether that be our Production Roaster or our
Customer Service team
- Positive, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Able to work full-time at our head office in London (please note this is primarily an office-based position with
limited flexibility to work remotely)
- Working knowledge of G Suite is preferred
To apply, please send your CV and short cover letter explaining what makes you the ideal candidate for this role, and why you would like to work with us.
Although we would like to acknowledge all the CVs we receive, we can only respond to those who qualify for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.