An opportunity has arisen for a passionate, committed person to work in our small kitchen, starting immediately. The role, which will be 4-5 days a week including weekends, will include all aspects of kitchen work – from preparing our seasonal food menus and baked goods to deep cleaning – so versatility in your approach to working is vital. Your passion should extend from the style of food we’re making to an obsession with cleanliness and quick, orderly working. We pay in line with London Living Wage.
Please read through the following and get in touch if you tick all the boxes.
– live locally or somewhere easy to commute from
– have worked in a similar fast-paced kitchen environment, and show skill in learning quickly to a high standard
– are a morning person, able to arrive full of energy as early as 06:30 (even if trains aren’t running at the weekend!)
– hold a Level 2 Food Safety certificate obtained within the last 2 years
– are never late, and are usually early
– have a day-to-day interest in good restaurants, cafés and quality seasonal food
– will have no other work commitments outside of Browns of Brockley
Please send a CV, but most importantly a few paragraphs about yourself and why you’re right for this position. Applications with a covering letter shorter than 5 lines will be ignored! We will only respond to promising candidates.
2-week FREE barista training, SCA accreditation and job matching support.
You can apply if you are:
• Over 18
• Not in training
• Not in eductation
• Have the right to work in the UK
• Actively looking for work