We are looking for a high performing sales executive to join our growing team in our London Headquarters to help manage increasing growth in sales and industry demand for the IKAWA Sample Roaster for Professionals.
We require an enthusiastic, confident, and personable individual to make key contributions to our increasing sales effort and to the achievement of the company’s ambitious targets for growth.
You will be responsible for presenting and selling our product to a variety of professionals in the coffee industry, including coffee traders, roasters, and producers at coffee origin. This will involve actively prospecting, managing, and engaging with a dedicated sales pipeline of interested potential customers, with opportunities for national and international travel.
You will need to be able to effectively demonstrate and clearly articulate the benefits of our products, with the aim of building relationships with key decision makers to drive sales. You will be seen as an Ambassador of both our products and our company, and as such will be involved with a wide variety of tasks and projects; including account management, marketing, customer service, operations, and other areas across the business as required.
You will be a critical member of our small talented sales team in a role that covers a wide variety of sales and marketing activity, with opportunities to develop and take on increased responsibility through excellence in your performance.
The position is suitable for a candidate with successful experience in sales, or an individual with the necessary key skills and attitude looking for an opportunity to demonstrate that they are a top performer.
The outputs of your work will cover the following areas, supported by members of our Sales and Marketing team:
New Sales Process
• Actively prospecting and generating leads
• Responding and following up on inbound enquiries
• Managing and administrating a pipeline of 200+ active prospective customers
• Persuasively bringing the product to life over email and phone
• Live demonstrations over conference calls
• In-Person demonstrations and visits
• Participating in and contributing to key trade exhibitions throughout the year
• Demonstrating and selling the product at key exhibitions and events
• Contributing to on-going short and long-term projects and initiatives
• Designing, planning and executing short and long-term improvement initiatives
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
Ideal candidate is already aware of IKAWA and will have knowledge of speciality coffee sector, having worked in the industry in some capacity, or a deep personal interest.
• At least 1 year of directly relevant experience.
• Appropriate sales experience (B2B preferred) with ability to reach sales targets and build customer relationships.
• Passion for selling and providing value to customers
• Proven skills in persuasively demonstrating products or services in person (for example, at industry events) and over the phone.
• Clarity in verbal and written communications.
• Good understanding of sales and marketing principles.
• Experience in negotiating.
• Experience working within the coffee sector to sufficiently understand our customers and the speciality coffee landscape.
• Ability to manage information effectively to support purposeful action and communications.
• Confident, enthusiastic, and persistent personality.
• Demonstrate being results oriented, creative, and resourceful.
• Proactive, bright, ambitious, insightful, curious and thoughtful.
• Experienced working in both sales and marketing capacities.
• Business level Spanish, or other languages in addition to English.
• Strategic thinker.
• Excellent project management, able to balance workload and prioritise effectively.
• Clean UK driving license.
Location Our office and workshop are located at Unit 9, Bayford Street Business Centre, Bayford Street, London, E8 3SE Given the present circumstances surrounding Covid-19 most of our office-based roles are working remotely and therefore we are considering applications from candidates in the rest of the U.K.
Contract Full time (Monday – Friday). Notice periods considered. Deadline for applications: 12th January 2021.
Competitive salary based on experience. 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays. Company benefits include MacBook, Home Roaster, team incentives and activities, perks, occasional travel, L&D opportunities, access to company pension scheme, ride to work scheme.
Apply via our careers page: here
Please contact Olly Munch if you have any questions about this role: +44 (0)207 7295 664