HEAD ROASTER JOB ADVERT:
WE ARE COFFEE ROASTERS AND HOSPITALITY EXPERTS.
As a coffee company, we get to build relationships with a huge variety of interesting and talented people who are embarking on new adventures every day. From coffee lovers through to coffee farmers, café owners through to espresso machine manufacturers; we get to connect these people.
Since starting out in 1998, we have continually invested in our product, people and community. Back then we were just three passionate people roasting out of a small shop in a provincial New Zealand surf town. Today, we’re bigger and better than ever, and we have a lot more friends around the globe to learn things from and to share ideas with.
We are an International company of 100+ employees. The role is based at our London HQ but will also interact with our NZ based team. We are looking for someone who shares our DNA and is hungry for an inspiring opportunity with a dynamic and fast-growing company.
We are advertising to fill this role because our current Head Roaster is leaving the business after 7+ years, to spend some time working at the other end of the supply chain in South America, to continue to develop her skills and knowledge of this wonderful industry – a testament to our values of investing in people, inspiring our team, and building careers.
Full and detailed Job Description is available upon request. Key purpose of the role as follows:
• Effective implementation of the strategic plan for Green Bean Sourcing and Roasting as determined by Director of Coffee. And the global coffee strategy
• Provide prudent, thoughtful advice; insightful management reporting and recommendations to the management team based on market forecasts, insights and intelligence to support the on-going growth and integrity of the business and creation of a sustainable and profitable business.
• Green Bean Sourcing – manage key producer relationships, forecasting of stock requirements, margin control, QC, delivery schedule in, in conjunction with the Global coffee committee and the Director of Coffee.
• Reporting and Forecasting figures to be provided on a monthly basis to the Director of coffee and then onto the finance team.
• Roasting – development of roast profiles, blend development, QC.
• Manage the Roasting and Dispatch team to ensure all systems, procedures and the OCR DNA are adhered to.
• Champion the company culture of Ozone Coffee Roasters through all supplier and client relationships. Actively engage with the wider UK barista & hospitality community and coffee industry by attending and participating in events, competitions and specialty coffee training opportunities.
• Liaise with the Production Manager OCR NZ to ensure alignment of Green Bean sourcing, Roasting and best practice QC along with Blend Development with Support of the Director of Coffee.
• Manage the export, import and logistics partners, where agreed with the director of coffee, to coordinating the buying process from pre-shipment samples through to arrival.
• Ensure all green coffee samples (pre-shipment and from importers) are roasted, tasted and scored for buying needs.
• Manage green coffee quality and quantity stored onsite, including prioritising needs and seasonality.
• Ensure all roastery equipment (all departments) is maintained and repairs made. To be primary contact with outside contractors for roastery issues.
• Liaise with creatives to ensure the message of our coffee offering is correct and true to the company’s DNA.
• Support dispatch, wholesale and retail departments with technical advice (green coffee and roasting) as needed.
• Overall responsibility for roasted coffee quality and timeliness.
• Ensure Food Safety, Testing and Biodynamic/Organic certification is correctly dealt with and appropriate processes & documentation implemented.
• Ensure accurate monthly stocktake on Tuesday of each week of all green bean and related stock and forward to the Finance Manager & Chief Financial Officer to ensure efficient processing of monthly management reports.
If you share our passion for people and hospitality we would love to hear from you.
Or to find out more about our team & approach to hospitality & business head over to our Journal stories www.ozonecoffee.co.uk/our-journal or check out our Instagram @ozonecoffeeuk.
PLEASE SEND APPLICATIONS THROUGH THIS HANDY PORTAL: https://oneteamonedream.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=60
9-week FREE barista training, SCA accreditation, part-time work placement and support getting a job.
You can apply if you are:
• Over 18
• Not in training
• Not in eductation
• Have the right to work in the UK
• Actively looking for work