Square Mile Coffee Roasters is a multi-award-winning coffee roasting company. Focused on wholesale, we choose to work with like-minded businesses wishing to serve our coffee to the best of their ability. On a mission to continually shape and improve our dynamic and expanding business, we pride ourselves on the exceptional quality coffee we source, buy, import, roast, and deliver internationally.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to cover maternity leave. You will be supporting our Managing Director on day to day basis. You will be required to make independent decisions, be proactive and provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance.
Cover period: 12 months, starting from mid September.
Job role will include but is not limited to:
- Manage the Managing Director’s diary
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Conserve time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analysing information
- Liaise with internal team members. Proactively support whenever necessary
- Maintain a strong working relationship with internal departments and associated companies
- Organise team activities
- Adhoc filing and administrative tasks
- Anticipate, embrace and resolve challenges and changes
- Coordinate project based work and lead projects as and when required
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
- Undertake a wide range of admin and project based tasks to support the Managing Director
- Handle some HR duties, including organising recruitment and on-boarding new staff members
- Prepare presentations, reports and taking minutes when required
- Oversee general office properties and solve simple problems when necessary
- Manage travel arrangements
Key skills required as an Executive Assistant:
- Experience working as an EA
- Must be able to self motivate and work autonomously
- Problem solving skills, someone who enjoys finding creative solutions to problems
- Ability to deal with change, high pressure and fast paced environments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Exceptional communication skills
- Interpersonal and organisational skills
- Presentation and report writing skills
To apply, please send a CV and short cover letter explaining why you would like this role and why you would be a great candidate for this role through this website. Due to the number of applications, we can only respond to those going forward to interview.