Square Mile Coffee Roasters is a multi-award-winning coffee roasting company. We source seasonal coffee from around the world and roast to ship specialty beans internationally through our dedicated wholesale, webshop and subscription services - all from our London based roastery. On a mission to continually shape and improve our dynamic and expanding business, we pride ourselves on the exceptional quality coffee we source, buy, import, roast, and deliver worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Customer Service Advisor, with e-commerce processing experience, to join our close-knit team on a permanent basis. Our ideal candidate is customer-focused, proactive and most importantly, passionate about their work and what we do. Our customers’ experience is of the utmost importance and must always be at the heart of your decision-making. We’re looking for someone who wants to make a positive impact and delights in delighting others!
This role will report directly to the Head of Operations.
Your role will include:
- Working closely with Operations and E-Commerce to plan and ensure exceptional customer care is provided daily and during peak periods.
- An oversight of all daily customer contact channels, such as phone calls and emails via various platforms such as Gorgias, Hubspot and Gmail
- Processing customer orders and any related operational tasks as necessary
- Lead and monitor customer service communication and provide regular performance-related feedback to relevant departments
- Coordinate appropriate responses to customer queries, including the processing of returns and resends
- Building relationships with all our customers - bringing sensitivity, delightfulness, professionalism and understanding to their needs.
- Handling any queries or bookings for our virtual events and training events, including administrative tasks such as re-bookings and cancellations
- Liaising with internal departments in the company, such as E-commerce, Virtual Events and Wholesale Accounts where appropriate
- Be accountable for escalating and reporting on any customer service issues
- Actively working on customer service KPIs and ensuring our performance and customer care are of the highest quality
- Assisting and supporting CRM projects, for example collecting and analysing customer service and delivery data, or improving the Square Mile Coffee Roasters customer experience through active feedback loops with the rest of the company
- Helping identify opportunities to make our customers even happier!
- A minimum of 2 years experience in online customer service or customer-facing roles
- Experience in CRM software (such as Gorgias, Freshdesk, Zendesk) is essential, and e-commerce platforms (such as Shopify, Linnworks) ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive and proactive attitude to work
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and results driven
- Good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Right to work in the UK and able to work full-time Monday to Friday (8:30am - 4:30pm) at our roastery in London
The successful candidate will get:
- Competitive salary
- 28 paid holidays plus public/bank holidays
- Working in a passionate team
- Lots of coffee to sample, drink and take home!
To apply, please send us your CV and short cover letter explaining what makes you the ideal candidate for this role, and why you would like to work with us by 9.00am on Thursday 9th February 2023. Although we would like to acknowledge all the CVs we receive and thank you in advance for applying, we can only respond to those who qualify for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you!