Redber Coffee is an ambitious coffee company with a huge passion for everything coffee. We are one of the biggest, sweet shop style roasteries in the UK, offering over 40 different coffees. We roast to order, 6 days a week. We work with a variety of coffee suppliers and farmers to get the best quality beans to pass on to our large customer base. Now we are seeking a skilled coffee roaster to join our roasting team. We are looking for a knowledgeable coffee professional that can drive improvements in all our operational processes and support the next stage in the companies’ development.
The role will oversee roasting, QC, stock control and despatch. However, you will be roasting daily as a main role. You must be a strong, established coffee professional with experience working on the ground in a speciality coffee business. This is an incredible opportunity, to achieve a hugely desirable work life balance, where you can drive the success of one the leading coffee roasteries in the UK, whilst living in one of the most desirable parts of the country.
Experience roasting coffee and a Q-Grade, or SCA qualification in roasting or green coffee is desirable. We would consider high level barista experience, with a passion for coffee and high-level coffee knowledge that we can train to roast coffee.
Objectives and experience required: • You will be working in a team of other roasters, closely alongside our packing and dispatch team, and will be directed by our shift team leaders.
• Manage and inform the quality control process for all green and roasted coffee stock, through weekly production cuppings and scoring. Ensuring all coffee is roasted to a high level constantly.
• Responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness ( the roaster ducting and cleaning is essential ) and organisation across the roastery operations, with a working knowledge and understanding of safe working practices and machinery.
• Oversee all stock management, including stock takes, ordering of green beans, liaising with suppliers and coffee farmers and accepting deliveries.
• The job can also involve filling and sealing roasted bags of coffee, dealing with retail and commercial customer questions ( email, phone and face to face ), and presenting our coffees to potential new clients and customers.
• A passion and genuine interest in coffee
All applicants require a cover letter and cv sent to Kiara@redber.co.uk