We are looking for a committed and responsible person to join our roasting department as a Coffee Roaster.
Our ideal candidate has experience with production roasting but we welcome applicants without previous roasting experience if they can show other relevant experience, qualities and skills.
We are looking for a team player who is self‐motivated and comfortable working alone as a production roaster but also enjoys working with a team.
Most essentially, the successful candidate will be someone who is happy to be flexible and pitch in wherever necessary during busy times – this will include helping in the packing department.
• Production roast on Loring SmartRoast.
• Taste and approve roasts.
• Assist with green coffee deliveries.
• Assist with roaster cleaning and basic machine maintenance.
• Pack roasted coffee (kilo bags).
• Learn and support department organisation and record keeping.
• Assist with stock‐take.
• Work with other Monmouth teams as required.
Required Skills and Qualities:
• Keen to learn more and share that information with others.
• Self‐motivated and able to prioritise workload.
• Precise, focussed and responsible.
• Comfortable operating large machinery.
• Able to do heavy lifting on a daily basis and to stoop, bend, reach overhead and stand for the majority of a working day.
• Good sensory perception ‐ smell, hearing, vision and taste.
• Willingness to learn and help out the team where necessary.
• Full time; 5 days across a Monday to Saturday working week. May include a Sunday during busy times.
• Must be able to start a shift by 7.30am.
• Based in Bermondsey SE16 4RA; home or remote working not possible.
• Start date as soon as possible, must be before December 2020.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.