Who we are
Bailies Coffee Roasters - Roasters to Watch (Caffeine Magazine 2018)
Since our establishment in 1993, we’ve grown to become one of the leading specialty coffee roasters across Ireland and the UK.
Behind our success is a close-knit team of 30 staff in our Belfast roastery working in a diverse range of roles, from the roasters, green coffee buyers and production teams through to the engineers, barista trainers and sales & marketing team.
Our recognition in the industry is driven by how we do things and the care and attention we take in what we do.
We source our coffee from our valued farming partners across the world, roast it in Belfast and supply it to leading independent specialty coffee shops and premium hotels across the UK, Ireland and Europe. At the heart of the business is a state of the art modern coffee roastery, equipment showroom and training academy.
Job Description: Coffee Roaster (Permanent Full-Time)
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Closing Date: 9th October 2018 by 5pm
As we continue to grow our business, we have an opportunity for a Roaster to join our production team. Our ideal candidate will have a great attitude towards learning, a genuine thirst for knowledge and the desire to become a world-class coffee roasting professional.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coffee Roasting/Scheduling/Blending to achieve daily mix/volume output targets – whilst maintaining consistent quality roasted coffee.
• Development of roasting profiles for new coffees and new blends.
• Working as part of a flexible multi-skilled team from green bean unloading/storage, roasting, blending, through to packing, order-fulfilment and warehousing.
• Routine Roaster cleaning and maintenance.
• General warehousing duties for coffee and other products.
• Capture, measure and analyse quality control data for roasts produced
• Participate in routine quality assurance cupping sessions
• Be willing to study materials on own initiative
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all roasterie equipment, including sample roasters, small-batch roasters, production roasters, weighing/sealing/packing equipment
• Maintain coffee knowledge on current offerings and confidently and accurately communicate product information to customers during visits.
• Actively participate in coffee tastings to further product knowledge and contribute feedback and ideas for improvement.
• Attend training sessions, seminars and workshops to constantly advance education on coffee, roasting science, and various brewing techniques to keep up-to-date with current trends
• Experience working within the coffee industry would be an advantage, but candidate must be able to demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm to develop the skills and knowledge to become a world-class coffee roasting professional.
• Good sensory perception.
• Basic technical aptitude to work and complete daily maintenance tasks on a variety of production machines
• Flexible, with the ability to multi-task in a highly demanding, sometimes stressful environment.
• Flexibility to work unsociable hours when production dictates – weekends, early start, late finish, or night-shift.
• Resourceful with a logical and methodical approach to problem-solving.
• Good team player combined with ability to work on own initiative.
• IT savvy and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook – especially use of excel for data processing and analysis.
• Experience in using ERP systems desirable but not essential
• Full, Clean and Current Driving Licence required.
To apply please forward your current CV along with a cover letter explaining why you are applying for the position and why you feel you would be right for it to: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 9th October 2018 (5pm).