Square Mile Coffee Roasters is a multi-award winning coffee roasting company based in East London. We are focused on providing support to businesses that wish to serve the best coffee they can. We want to make London famous for good coffee. We source, buy, import, roast and deliver the best coffee we can get a hold of, and we never stop asking ourselves how we can make it even better.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and customer-focused Coffee Machinery Engineer to join our team. You will be based at our roastery and report directly to the Operations Manager.
Job Role will include but is not limited to:
- Maintaining and repairing wholesale customer’s espresso machines, grinders and water filtration equipment.
- Coordinating with Training, Wholesale, Customer Service and Production teams to provide excellent technical support to our customers.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and positive relationships.
- Working with the Training Manager to train wholesale customers on equipment maintenance and help create informative materials for our customers in the UK and overseas.
- Working with Equipment Sales Manager to recommend equipment, fulfil orders and perform cafe installations.
- Being proactive - regular customer contact and support, site visits and update via CRM.
- Fulfilling wholesale customer parts orders for the Production team.
- Managing and maintaining the stock of spare parts and tools in the roastery workshop.
- Maintaining our onsite machinery.
- Keeping up to date with the latest in coffee machinery and technology.
- Engineering experience relevant to the coffee industry and related machinery.
- Extensive barista training will be given to the successful candidate, so whilst experience is desirable, it is not essential.
- Excellent technical knowledge.
- Confident IT and computer skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Good teamwork and organisation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach to new ideas.
- Proof of the right to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will get:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing coffee training and weekly team cupping
- 28 paid holidays plus public/bank holiday
- Generous pension package
- Working within a passionate team
- Lots of coffee to drink!
To apply, please send a CV and short cover letter explaining why you would like this role and why you would be a great candidate for this role through this website.
Due to the number of applications, we can only respond to those going forward to interview.