‘Hej (pronounced hey) Coffee was conceived in Sweden and born in Bermondsey. Following a brief marriage to a Swedish coffee conglomerate, the team left the big corporate to go back to what they loved most - producing great coffee.
After the divorce, Hej kept the name and the strong Swedish values. It was the starting point to carry on the dream, continuing our passion for all things coffee.
Today we are artisan neighbourhood coffee shops, we roast our beans in-house at our London roastery in Elephant & Castle, and we are a barista school - helping to champion baristas to make better coffee.
As wholesale coffee suppliers we also deliver coffee beans to businesses, restaurants and cafes, packed in reusable containers and delivered responsibly by electric van or cargo bike - as it should be done - after all our aim is becoming a fully sustainable business!
We are Hej.
We are Coffee.
We are Neighbourhood.
We are Sustainability.
Job Title: Breakfast Chef
Location: Elephant and Castle, London
Job Type: Full-time
Working Days: 5 days a week (Monday to Sunday)
Working Hours: 35-40 hours a week
Pay Rate: £12 to £13 per hour depending on experience
- Produce high quality food in busy conditions
- Ensure the smooth daily running of the kitchen
- Ensure the highest levels of food safety and product quality
- Induction and training of new staff regarding food preparation
- Handle customer comments/feedbacks correctly
- Track, monitor and minimise waste
- Prepare breakfast, salads, sandwiches and soup to order
- Ensure delivery of high-quality consistently presented menu items
- Work with management to ensure new seasonal menus are implemented as appropriate to the business needs
- Track stock and place orders with suppliers when needed
- Maintain cleanliness of the shop in particular the kitchen, food storage and washing areas
- Ensure the speed of service guidelines are maintained and consistently delivered
- Work within the framework of current Food Safety and Health Safety Regulations
- Follow opening and closing procedures as well as general cleaning duties (during and at the end of shift)
- Strong people/team skills
- Fluent or advanced in English
- A passion for all things food
- A love for speciality coffee is a plus but not required
- Minimum 1 Year of experience working in a fast paced and high-volume kitchen
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Looking to deliver the best quality at all times
- Proficiency with Office365 preferable but not required
- Basic computer literacy
What we offer:
- Free coffee drinks for yourself and anyone accompanying you on shift and on your time off
- Discounts across our locations out of shift
- Lunch on us if you’re working in one of our retail locations
- SCA level training & development
- Career progression
- Cycle2work scheme
- New Business Finders scheme
- Regular team events
Looking forward to meeting you!