Amazing opportunity to work at a progressive, coffee focused company.
The Watch House is a group of award-winning speciality cafes in Central London, currently looking for a talented and ambitious barista to join our Spitalfields team. We have built our reputation around exceptional coffee and first-rate customer service
2019 is set to be our most exciting year yet with the opening of own roastery this autumn.
If you fancy checking out what we do, our Instagram and Twitter are @watchhousecoffee
Equipment you’ll be working on:
· Black Eagle Gravitech
· Victoria Arduino Mythos One
· Mahlkonig EK43
· 3Temp Hipster Brewer
What we can offer;
· Ongoing professional development through both 1-2-1 and focus group sessions with our Head of Coffee each month.
· An extensive internal training programme as well as external training opportunities.
· SCA Education in Barista Skills/Brewing/Sensory at both intermediate and professional level with official certification covered.
· A dynamic working environment with great, professional colleagues.
· Regular cuppings and company workshops.
· Competitive packages.
What we’re looking for:
· Minimum 1-year experience in the speciality coffee industry.
· Experience in fast paced speciality coffee environments, delivering coffees to high standards. For example, all of our shots will be weighed to a 0.1g tolerance.
· Excellent workflow standards including dosing, distributing, extracting, steaming, pouring and station cleanliness.
· Experience in dialling-in a variety of coffees on both espresso and filter.
· Excellent theoretical understanding of coffee from seed to cup.
· Knowledge of major coffee origins and their general cup profile.
Please email your CV and cover letter to Faye at FEM@thewatchhouse.com
We look forward to meeting you!
9-week FREE barista training, SCA accreditation, part-time work placement and support getting a job.
You can apply if you are:
• Over 18
• Not in training
• Not in eductation
• Have the right to work in the UK
• Actively looking for work