Barista and Roastery Assistant 4-5 days a week
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS THAT FILL OUT THE QUESTIONNAIRE AT THIS LINK:
Campbell & Syme is a leading specialty roaster based in a newly extended space in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, next to the station and just 30 minutes from Euston. We also have a coffee bar in East Finchley, north London.
As a steadily growing operation we are looking to add a new team member to our coffee shop and roastery team. Due to the ebb of flow of staff holidays and periods of leave, we are looking for a team member to support both sides of the business. Which means some weeks will have more shifts behind the bar, and some will have more at the roastery. So are looking for someone who is happy to embrace this flexibility, and is able to make the journeys fairly easily. This will help us stay on top of everything and provide our customers with the highest level of service and product as we continue to grow.
The role will be for 32 hours a week, plus overtime, there will also be some coffee shop shift on Saturdays, but not Sunday as we are closed.
We would love someone who is:
- Passionate (about coffee, hospitality & food)
- Self-motivated and has attention to detail (can-do attitude)
- Confident with customers and professional when dealing with issues (someone who enjoys getting to know the regulars, likes to chat, smile)
- Wants to learn (curious personality, interest in learning about coffee and looking after people)
- Reliable and supportive (on time, working as a part of the team rather than an individual)
- Multitasker (working at the counter, assisting manager, packing coffee….)
Skills & qualifications:
- Excellent customer service
- Ability of dialling-in new coffees (regularly changing single origin coffees) and ensuring consistency throughout the day
- Experience in preparing and handling food
- Availability to work full time and work during weekends (not every weekend)
- Sociable personality with sense of humour
- Interest in cupping, roasting and coffee production and distribution.
What we offer:
- Fun and friendly working atmosphere
- Ongoing training and support
- Use of the most professional and industry leading equipment
- Good work / life balance
- Competitive salary (min £11.05 per hour, increasing with experience and attainment)
- Opportunity to be a part of fantastic coffee driven and quality focused team
- 5.6 weeks of paid holidays
- Packing coffee for dispatch
- Organising deliveries for wholesale orders, online orders as well as for our retail site
- Off-loading pallets of coffee and other general delivers (upto 70kg sacks)
- Cleaning and maintenance of the roastery, office and stores
- Delivery Rounds to our local customers (clean UK license required)
- Training to roast on both the Giesen W15 and Diedrich IR-12 for production
- Preparing weekly quality control cuppings
- General cleaning and maintaining of the Roastery site
Please just fill out the jotform and we will get back to you!