What Blank Street can offer YOU!
Brilliant training – you don’t need experience to join us as a Barista!
- Industry leading pay, bi-weekly payments, pension scheme
- Opportunity to grow - you can be part of one of the fastest growing UK companies
- Unlimited drinks and free food - when on shift
- 50% off all drinks and food - when you are off your shift
- Great work life balance
- Performance related and referral incentive scheme - £250 when you refer a friend
…and much much more to come!
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe everyone deserves a great cup of coffee. With shops across Brooklyn and Manhattan and now London, Blank Street offers high-quality, specialty coffee that doesn’t tax our customers’ time or wallet.
Our mission is to reimagine local commerce to better serve our customers, our neighbourhoods, and our planet. Our long-term vision is to empower local businesses with the same technology and tools, making their goods accessible in new neighbourhoods for people to discover and love.
Baristas at Blank Street must be able to work independently, while also thriving in a team environment. You will become part of your community’s infrastructure, serving a carefully curated menu, executed with passion and precision.
The right person for this role is a proven people person, taking pride in giving amazing service experiences and influencing your team to do the same. You thrive on opportunities to serve your community and make a big local impact. You are customer-centric and believe in quality products through flawless execution, making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way. You excel in fast-paced environments and enjoy an inclusive, collaborative workplace, where your voice genuinely counts and you can really make a difference.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Working within a world-class coffee program using hi-tech coffee equipment
- Developing a loyal neighbourhood base by positively engaging with customers and speaking about the brand
- Ensuring all measures are in place to achieve the correct handling of products (food and beverage) to retain their freshness and quality,
- Following systems in place to avoid food and beverage wastage
- Setting the working space for success to achieve speed and quality of service
- Ensuring that the barista equipment is well maintained to Blank Street standards
- Managing the stock levels of food, beverage and small equipment. Adjusting when needed in line with business peaks and lows,
- Adhering to all aspects of health & safety and food safety under Blank Street standards.
Who You Are
- Love for café culture and people,
- Friendly, open and approachable person who works well with others,
- Strong decision-making and multi-tasking skills,
- Strong interpersonal communication skills,
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer connections to create a regular customer base,
- Able to work at a fast pace in high-volume environments,
- An exemplary ambassador of our brand to new neighbourhoods,
- If you have coffee-related skills that’s great and if not that’s great too as we provide training for anyone that joins our team!
8 hour shift