Modern Society is recruiting for an exceptional barista to manage our café on Redchurch St. Shoreditch.
Opening in 2015, Modern Society marked the coming together of Embassy East, Assembly Coffee and the UK’s first complete Modbar to create a coffee offering defined by uncompromising quality and attention to detail.
We are looking for a coffee professional that is passionate about progression, hospitality, leading a café operation and challenging the frontiers of coffee brewing.
You will be working in collaboration with Assembly Coffee, where you are invited to have input into green bean sourcing, profile development and various creative projects.
Modern Society is a luxury general store dedicated to curating a selection of products from around the globe. The space also hosts events to celebrate the local area, creating a hub of social activity for local residents, businesses and global visitors alike.
The successful applicant will:
· Have a minimum of 2 years working in the service of specialty coffee with managerial experience ideal but not a prerequisite
· Demonstrate an advanced working knowledge of espresso extraction, shot assessment and quality control
· Competent in a variety of hand brewing methods
· Be well organised, efficient, engaging and passionate about creating great hospitality experiences
· Be proficient in administrative café duties including stock control and end of day point of sale
· Be outgoing and an independent worker
A competitive rate of pay is on offer, as well as opportunities to train, learn and work directly with the Roaster.
Hours will be part time - 1-2 full days per week, (Saturday required) 9:30AM-7PM.