Barista – The Warehouse, Penryn, Falmouth
Origin are looking for an experienced baristra with a strong background in speciality coffee and operations. The key intention is to set the highest benchmark for coffee in the area and in doing so promote a better understanding of what great coffee means to Origin. The café will be brewing single origin espresso and filter alongside monthly, feature coffee and special editions, which include directly sourced Geishas. The successful candidate will be brewing on the only Kees van der Westen espresso machine in the South West.
Origin Coffee are a leading UK speciality coffee roaster. Cornwall is their home, and the launch of this new café, epitomises everything they love and stand for.
Penryn is built around the beautiful Fal estuary. It is an established harbour, which has naturally become a desirable place to live and work. The area also has a thriving student population with a keen interest in supporting artisan and independent businesses.
This position requires someone who has the drive and energy to engage with the community as well as brewing great coffee. Origin are looking for people who:
• Operationally strong
• Can delivery incredible customer service
• Are sociable and inclusive with a can-do attitude
• Loves brewing and sharing their knowledge of speciality coffee
• Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the speciality coffee industry
• Full time and part time roles available.
What Origin can offer:
• SCA training and certification from some of the UK’s best baristas • Exposure to all areas of speciality coffee - brewing, maintenance, sourcing and roasting. • A fair and equitable working environment • Further career opportunities • Competitive rate of pay
How to apply
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter, which explains more about you and why you are the right person for the job, to Andy Phillips, Operations Director (email@example.com).
9-week FREE barista training, SCA accreditation, part-time work placement and support getting a job.
You can apply if you are:
• Over 18
• Not in training
• Not in eductation
• Have the right to work in the UK
• Actively looking for work