at Hygge Pygge
Hygge Pygge is a well established and award winning brunch cafe located in the heart of lively Camden Town, with the reputation for making the very best classic brunch dishes and specialty coffee in the area.
Our mission is to establish cosy spaces in busy areas serving wonderful locally sourced products and a moment of peace to recharge your batteries. We are a key meeting point for our community and currently offer our large lower ground floor for activities such as kids’ classes, yoga classes, workshops and live music events. As a recognition of our team’s hard work, last year we won the 2018 Camden Inspire Award for “Best Newcomer” in Camden and Euston.
If you’re wondering where the name comes from, we chose the Danish word “hygge” as it conveys all these ideas we’d like to spread (small joys of everyday living, relaxing with friends and family, creating a cosy moment together).
We are looking to expand the team and are currently recruiting for a weekend Front of House (Saturdays and Sundays).
The role involves:
• Making and serving our breakfast, brunch and lunch dishes both at the counter area and in the kitchen; • Operating the till; • Regular cleaning of the café including kitchen and toilets; • Restocking shelves and stockroom; • Customer service as well as dealing with queries and complaints; • Ensuring the ambiance amongst staff and customers is a positive one
Our ideal candidate would have the following characteristics:
• Previous experience in the hospitality industry; • A calm and organised attitude; • A passion for manual work; • Punctuality; • Fast learner; • A natural inclination to work hard and always improve one’s skills and willingness to help the team with other tasks even if not strictly related to one’s job description.
• Kitchen experience in a fast-paced environment; • Food safety training and qualifications; • Coffee experience and qualifications.
What we offer:
• 1 free meal on duty;
• A unique community atmosphere;
• Training on how to perfectly poach an egg! • Lots of coffee.
If you believe in our mission and have a positive and hardworking attitude, please email us your CV and a short cover letter and we’d love to meet you. London needs more hygge spaces and we will not rest until it has enough!
9-week FREE barista training, SCA accreditation, part-time work placement and support getting a job.
You can apply if you are:
• Over 18
• Not in training
• Not in eductation
• Have the right to work in the UK
• Actively looking for work