Assistant Manager/ Barista
Here at Urban Baristas, we are looking for an Assistant Manager/Baristas who will be able to help manage a busy shop in Queensway, London. We are looking for someone who can work efficiently and is reliable with excellent communication skills.
Urban Baristas value those who are welcoming, creative, proactive and independent. If this is you and what you’re looking for, we would like to help you grow with us at Urban!
You will be working with the best coffee from our good friends at Union Hand Roasted as well as rotating guest roasters, this role will involve not only immersing yourself in the daily service and brewing but inspiring our team to constantly improve and develop ideas within the shop. We have recently launched ‘Urban By Nights’ where we serve cocktails and food until 9 pm. The ideal candidate would be able to cover shifts during this time and have some knowledge of serving alcohol. We offer detailed training and internal progression wherever possible.
What we are looking for:
• Min 1-year experience in Speciality Coffee
• Works well with teams and can motivate/build the confidence of teams
• A positive, bubbly, confident and open-minded attitude
• A proactive approach to problem-solving
• Willingness to learn to have excellent product knowledge
• Will have experience in a high-volume coffee environment, serving quality shots and steaming milk.
• Customer service experience
• Good organization, cleanliness and interpersonal skills
• Ability to order and monitor weekly costs
• Looking to take the next step
• Available both during the week and available weekends (not every weekend)
On offer to the right candidate
• Support in growing your coffee knowledge and leadership skills
• Work with some of the best coffees from around the world, roasted with precision.
• The opportunity to develop your hospitality career with a growing company.
• Staff food discounts, socials, parties, regular training, personal progression, and development.
If brewing amazing coffee and providing exemplary customer service gets you excited, get in touch with a bit of information about yourself and what you’re all about, and a resume detailing any relevant experience.